Sunday, June 22, 2008

Southland Tales (2007)

Whoa. Ugh. Hmm ... It's funny because I've been itching to see this for a long time. Despite the ripping reviews, despite the friends telling me Don't do it! But I had to see it for myself.

So yeah. It looks cool. It's got a cool soundtrack, cool score, cool cinematography, some cool special effects, some cool kind of weirdo cameos and casting ... the script is whack.

I can understand M. Night Shyamalan's recent suffering from the George Lucas Syndrome, but Richard Kelly ... dude, you're so young. You only had one film under your belt. I hope you got it out of your system. I hope you're feeling better. I hope next time you listen to some of the people around you. I was a Donnie Darko fan just like everybody else so I'm excited to see what you do next.

On a side note ... I sure do like the Sean William Scott. After recently seeing him in The Promotion I think this guy's awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting cast in huge leading man roles.

No comments: