Sunday, June 08, 2008

Movie Writing Marathon

I've successfully ended my movie writing marathon weekend. I promised myself to finish the second draft of the new script by Monday morning. I have no official title yet for this new script. Just a working title of High School although the only thing that title represents is that it takes place in high school and that's about it.

But I've worked from sun up to sun down both yesterday and today, hitting up different writing spots around town. I took two breaks, both to watch movies with Mark. The Butterfly Effect (which is almost as cheesy and wonderful as I Know Who Killed Me) and Don't Mess with the Zohan, which might be on my top ten list of this year. Seriously.

So I'm at the office printing out Draft #2 so I can take it to the gym in the morning and make notes like ... ugh, what was I thinking in this scene and hello, major plot hole here. But regardless, it's a fun, cheesy, teen thriller that I can't seem to get my head out of. I even subjected Mark to me reading several scenes out loud including a saucy love scene. For real, I wrote a sex scene. Never thought I'd be writing sex scenes. But there you have it.

1 comment:

Sir Robbie Rob said...

Zohan was simply an awesome film. I miss that shot of comedy from Sandler. I was hoping for it in Check and Larry but it didn't deliver for me.

Talk to you later. I'm going to go dip my burger in hummus before I devour it.