Monday, May 19, 2008

To Los Angeles or Not To Los Angeles

There's been a lot of talk about Los Angeles lately. To go or not to go, that is the question.

Yes, I've professed my undying love for Austin. Yes, I want to raise my family here. Yes, I feel a lot of love from this city. Yes, it'd be a total shame to leave.

Would I move to Los Angeles? Yes. There, I said it. I would move to Los Angeles. Please don't throw the slings and arrows just yet. Would I move there tomorrow? Probably not. The only reason I would move to Los Angeles is if I had a job lined up. And by job, I mean directing or writing.

So don't think that my bags are packed and I'm heading out the door anytime soon. My eyes are just opening a little more to the opportunities.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

If it's part of your path, there's no need to apologize for it. If open doors beckon, go, experience, learn, create. It's all good, and valid. If and when you feel it's time, you'll find your way back to Austin, or who knows? Elsewhere...

No apologies, no regrets. With Mark as your co-adventurer, you'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

I told Brian that I predict he'll do it in less than 2 years. I'll give you less than 1!!!
--Mitchell :)