Sunday, April 06, 2008

Lindsay Gets Married

Paul Conrad and I went to see Lindsay Broockman get married tonight. It was a beautiful ceremony out at the Barr Mansion in East Austin. And what a perfect night for a wedding

Lindsay played the lead character in two of my short films, Avenue K and The Absence of Wings and the lead in my first feature film cicadas. We met when she was 14. I've since watched her grow into an extraordinary young woman who's mission it's been to save the world. From her work at the AIDS Action Committee in Boston to working in small villages in South America, I wouldn't be surprised if she ran for president one day. She'd win by a landslide. She's a force and a heart to be reckoned with.

The other night I watched cicadas again. I really miss that summer and that time in my life.

No comments: