Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Kung Fu Hustle - A Superhero Love Story

I loved Kung Fu Hustle. A story about finding the superhero in ourselves. About finding the courage to stand up for what we believe in. You can't beat that.

I wish some of Mr. Chow's imagination would find its way into American storytelling. I hope that his influences make their way to American screens. This film really reminds me of what I fell in love with as a kid. It has that child like innocence and sense of adventure and silliness. Something that I think has been a little absent since the 80s.

1 comment:

Rob Mitchell said...

I LOVE Kung Fu Hustle & Shoalin Soccer. Chow has a great imagination and I think he is a awesome storyteller (even though its the same story over and over but different).

I was lucky enough this week to catch the CJ7 flick. It was cute and entertaining but was lacking in the humor department. I would still recommend it though.

It's the most expensive movie made in China to date. Something like 11 Million or something.