Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Kids Make Me Proud

So I have this teen student who really reminds me of my younger self. When she came to class the first day a few months ago, she had this energy of I'm going to be a director no matter what. But in a sweet, quiet sort of way. She continued to impress me with her passion, her writing and her organizational skills. Yes, I'm a sucker for organizational skills.

Her father handed in her film a little while ago. I hadn't seen the finished piece so I popped it into my computer. I watched. And I smiled. And then I teared up. It's something similar to what I would've written or wanted to make at that age. A soft, lyrical, awkward and sweet story about love and friendship.

I'm mega proud of all of my students. They blow me away. And I'm pleased to say we had lots of kick ass female directors this semester. Young and old. That's what I'm talkin' about!

No comments: