Sunday, April 13, 2008

CJ7, Prom Night and Scott Porter

CJ7
I had such a fun time with this film. It's a goofy, silly, fun, sweet family comedy from Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer). I love Stephen Chow. He's so cool. You can tell by his films that he's probably a pretty wonderful human being. They've got so much heart. What I loved most was Jiao Xu's performance. This kid is awesome. Sure he knows how to ham it up, but it works.

Prom Night
I'm cool with cheesy, bad horror films that are so bad they're good. I'm not cool with bad, horror films that are so bad they're really boring. Prom Night could've been written by a twelve year old it was so bad. But actually that would be an insult to twelve year olds. Poor Mark fell asleep and started snoring. And when he finally woke up he just cursed the screen. With horror films, Mark's pretty forgiving and patient. So it was telling when he got so upset with this one. The only redeeming part was Scott Porter from Friday Night Lights. Sucks that he has to do this kind of schlock. I guess it's a paycheck.

And wouldn't you know it? I'm at the gym tonight working out and who shows up? Scott Porter. Weird.

2 comments:

ryan said...

SCOTT PORTER WORKS OUT AT 24-HOUR FITNESS??!?!?

Kat Candler said...

He was working out there tonight. Not sure if it's a regular thing or not. I didn't talk to him. Just admired him from afar.