Friday, April 11, 2008

Chris Columbus - The Early Days of Genius

Chris Columbus was on fire in the late 80s. The Goonies, Gremlins, Home Alone, Adventures in Babysitting. I just finished watching Adventures in Babysitting again. It's as fun as I remember it. Elisabeth Shue singing the babysitting blues, the little girl, Sarah, meeting her hero Thor, Brad's heartbreak that Chris is too old and too out of his league, the one handed, gun toting truck driver and the hot guy in the Miami Vice sports jacket. Love it.

I'm ready to start my new script. It's piecing together in my head, bit by bit. After another fun few hours working with Chris today on SITB, I'm anxious to find a new adventure to jump into. Adelaide, Maddy, Harry, Bojo and Pittman will have to fly solo for a little while. I have a few new characters to befriend and tag along with.

No comments: