Monday, April 21, 2008

Boston Bound

I'm anxious to get out of town next week. Classes will be over, life will be somewhat calm. Well, shit, not really.

I leave for Boston on Tuesday, get back to Austin, Saturday, leave for Los Angeles on Sunday and come back to Austin on the following Saturday. I plan to spend a lot of time in my hotel room at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel just working. I feel like I'm really behind on a lot of rewrite stuff. I'm in the middle of a second draft of the novel. I want to put together a little cash to hire a friend to help me with edits on that one. It'll be nice while I'm in Boston to take a break from writing, walk down to the Public Gardens and then go back to work. Our screening of jumping off bridges is Wednesday night the 30th and I think that's all I need to do for the conference. I should have some good solid writing time. It's sad, really, that I have to go to another city to get some concentrated writing done.

And then I get to hang out with Karen, Clare and Michael at the end of the week. Oh, I can't wait to see their faces.

And then Los Angeles. Oh, Los Angeles. Sigh.

3 comments:

David Lowery said...

I'll just miss you in Boston, at the film festival! Except that I decided to not go to Boston and stay in NY instead.

Kat Candler said...

i thought about that but then saw your blog about you not going. i'm just missing the festival altogether. had i known earlier, i would've planned the trip differently. oh well.

Mandy said...

Ah crap! I've totally been neglecting your editing. I've even got some finished chapters to send to you, but if you're on a second draft, they probably won't help much.

I'd be glad to take a look at the second draft, though, and I promise not to slack off again!