Monday, March 24, 2008

Writing Sessions - Love 'Em

Spent several hours in a writing session with a friend working on a rewrite of The Spider in the Bathtub. He's taking it to a new level. Exactly what the doctor ordered. I can get to a decent place with a script and then I just get plain stuck. I sit with it unsure of what to do next. It just stares back at me. So now it takes a new turn.

I'm working on all of the elements to get this film off the ground. I feel most days like I have no clue what I'm doing. Ok, almost every day I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing. But even not knowing what I'm doing, it feels good. I'm taking the steps that I know. Learning new steps along the way. Collecting information, figuring out how to put that information to good use. Just trying to keep my feet on the ground. And trying to keep the ground underneath me from cracking so I don't slip through.

I know how to make movies. And I'm learning how to make better movies. This is all I want to do. Like forever.

No comments: