Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday Morning Writing

I love those solid chunks of time to write. Give me two, three sometimes 5 hours to sit with my laptop and just tap, tap, tap away at the keys. I get excited and giddy. I get stuck. I pour over one line of dialogue for 20 minutes wanting to rip my hair out. But I love it. I have good routines of where I get my best writing done: Zen, Flight Path and sitting up in my bed at night.

Last night I made Mark sit and listen to me read a few scenes from Spider out loud. I read every single voice and the narration. He's a really good sport about it. He just quietly listens and stares up at me. He never tells me how weird I am or anything like that. He just humors me like a good husband should do.

I think I've said this before many times, but I'll say it again. Once you create this world and these characters that are sweet (truly, truly sweet) with good hearts and their fun and silly and you just want to hang out with them all the time, it's awesome. It really makes writing a joy.

No comments: