Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Representin'

I have a mission. To find representation. Lots of my friends have agents and managers and it's getting them work. It's getting their films off the ground.

I pursued representation about a year ago and had a bitter experience that left a terrible, terrible taste in my mouth. And so I dropped it. Well now it's time to pick up where I left off. I don't know if I'll find someone to take me on. But I've got to try

TALENT AGENT
A talent agent is a person who finds jobs for folks in the entertainment business. They make money when their client makes money. Their goal ... make money. These guys are focused on a project by project basis.

TALENT MANAGER
A talent manager is a person that guides the professional career of an artist. They make money when their client makes money, but they're focused on their overall career.


1 comment:

scott miles said...

another hearty agreement on this statement. i've also been given the "we love you"/never return your phone calls again routine from the LA folk. i'm trying a new route this go around by doing a series of webisodes for some new characters i have. and then submitting them here:

http://www.utaonline.net/

basically they rep people who make digital content for the web, but if you get in there, they'll get you repped over on the writing/directing side of things.

short of blasting LA with query letters (which i'll probably be doing in the next month or so), this seems like a good option.

what all have you tried that didn't work? this is the soul-sucking but necessary part of the job.