Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Business of Film

I hate it. I embrace it, but I detest it. I hold its hand, but it gives me stomach pains. I don't enjoy talking about DVD distribution or deciding between this business strategy or that business strategy. I don't like thinking about people as accredited or unaccredited. I don't like worrying about unions and pensions. It just makes my head spin. I'd rather be thinking about colors and camera angles and character arcs and playing with lights.

I put up with it and deal with it because I have to. But I don't have to like it. It can't make me like it.

2 comments:

scott miles said...

i don't even know why i bother trying to blog when you say everything i want to, but so much better. i may just start linking to your posts.

this is exactly what i've been feeling lately. i'll be shooting some shorts this summer so maybe that will bring back some of the joy.

we should get coffee sometime.

Kat Candler said...

yeah, i need to shoot another short this summer too. that's the plan. we need to play more often. i'm all over coffee.