Thursday, March 20, 2008

Amy's Ice Cream Employees Going Above and Beyond



If you live in Austin you know Amy's Ice Cream employees are famous for tossing ice cream in the air and catching it behind their backs, under their legs, between their toes ... well, maybe not between their toes. So, after being on phone meetings for over 3 hours, I'm sitting quietly and contently at Zen enjoying my daily special (veggie bowl, add white chicken, add broccoli, ginger lime sauce over brown rice) when what do I see across the way? An Amy's employee prepping a scoop of ice cream in the middle of the street. The guy has a bowl and the big fat scooping spoon. All the while he's dodging cars left and right. I'm like, what the heck is he doing? Then all of a sudden he takes the ice cream from the bowl and holds it in his spoon. He pulls his arm back and slings the scoop of ice cream into the air and over the building. Over the friggin' building. I couldn't get a good look to see if the guy on the other side of the building caught it or not. I choose to believe he did.

Just a strange, random event to witness.

No comments: