Sunday, February 10, 2008

You Are Pretty - St. Idiot's Collective

Ms. Adrienne Dawes never ceases to amaze me. And I can say the same for the St. Idiot's Collective. I'm in awe. I'm jealous and I'm proud.

I was one of ten audience members last night at their performance of Adrienne's play You Are Pretty directed by Jenny Larson. Normally, I would say, "Go get tickets now! Run, run fast.", but alas, they've sold out every single performance.

What Adrienne and Jenny and this team of actors have pulled off is gut busting hilarious, queasy and uncomfortable, oozingly romantic and downright depressing. I teared up a few times from both laughter and sadness. I wish I knew all of the actor's names in the play. It's a stellar cast all deserving of major kudos. But the stand out performance consistently goes to Lee Eddy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this girl is electric. Perhaps the best actor in town. She's dynamo.

Keep your ears peeled for the St. Idiot's Collective next project.

No comments: