Sunday, February 03, 2008

Movie Binge

Friday night Mark and I went a little nuts. We rented four movies. Usually it's one, MAYBE two, but no, I kept seeing titles I'd been waiting to see and grabbing them off the shelf ... Sydney White, Right at Your Door, Rocket Science and The King of Kong. In a 24 hour period, I got through all of them.

Sydney White - It is what it is. A sweet, dorky, cheesy teen comedy. Amanda Bynes isn't at her best in this one, but I love her just the same. The movie really belonged to the seven dorks.

Right at Your Door - My hat's off to Chris Gorak for such a simple, smart and terrifying film.

Rocket Science - It has several wonderful moments, but I'm not sure it really knows what it wants to be.

The King of Kong - Back to the seven dorks in Sydney White, these guys are the real deal. I loved it. You'd think that watching a bunch of guys in an arcade playing Donkey Kong would be just a litle bit boring, but think again. I was on the edge of my seat.

No comments: