Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mid-Week Updates

Monday we had a screening of jumping off bridges for AISD Guidance Counselors. Merily Keller followed up the screening with a nice talk on suicide prevention. That woman is a force to be reckoned with. She's truly one of the most amazing people I've met in this field. I'm in constant awe of the work that she does.

I had a nice meeting with the Texas Counseling Association last week on ways to bring the film to more organizations throughout the state of Texas. From that meeting I've spent hours emailing and researching more groups, associations, journals, publications ... I think I'd really love to get another intern soon.


In other news, we've been taping kids at Lifeworks. I'm anxious to see the footage and hear their stories. Natasha over there has been a godsend to us. Another hero in the trenches.

I have to say that working with and watching people like Merily and Natasha, makes you step back a bit and look at your own life and what you're putting out into the world. What really has meaning. What's really important.

No comments: