Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Invisible - Why?

Instead of a night on the town or partying it up on 6th street, Mark and I watched, The Invisible. Ok, so here's my rant. Why? Why? Why? Why? Mark just started the director's commentary. Most directors will be humble and self loathing. But not this one. I want to rip the television from the wall and throw it out the window, cursing their names. They're comparing themselves to The Graduate and Ordinary People. "Influenced by the Dutch masters", blah, blah, blah. I'm not saying that I can do anything better. Well, yes, I am. I honestly feel like I can make a better movie than The Invisible. It just makes me heartbroken that there are so many painfully bad movies that should be obvious that they're painfully terrible on the page and yet they make it to the screen. Argh. Ok, I need to go to sleep. New Years Resolution = Make better movies than The Invisible.

No comments: