Friday, December 14, 2007

Eric's Trip - Love Tara

Eric's Trip's Love Tara is one of my favorite records of all time. I love it so much it hurts. It's like listening to youth through a friends' 4-track garage recording of the most beautiful, raw, and heart aching songs. I don't think I accomplished it, but when I was working on jumping off bridges I gave this album to some of my key crew members and said, "This is what I want the film to feel like". I even tried to get two songs off of Love Tara to put in the movie but was quickly and swiftly told "no". The little label that was once home to this now disbanded group, blew up after Nirvana hit it big and wanted more money than we had in our meager music budget.

Sturge burned me a new disc of some Eric's Trip songs that I'm listening to in my car in the gloomy, rainy, cold weather. But it's appropriate. It takes me back to high school. I've had this idea of a feature for a long while now, but can't quite seem to get it to paper. Yes, it involves adolescence. I think I'm on page 4 or 5. So lame. I'm not sure how other writers write, but with a lot of scripts, I have to have a genre of music. Sometimes a band. Sometimes a song to listen to over and over and over again. So yeah, for JOB, Love Tara was that album. And it might be for this new one too.

No comments: