Monday, November 19, 2007

Family, Big Love and Dan in Real Life

I spent most of the weekend with family. And most of the weekend watching movies and television about family. I've been a bit of a hermit lately. I think I'm having major social phobias for some weirdo reason. It's funny because that's normally Mark's issue. And now it's mine. Huh.

So I spent much of Saturday with my niece, nephew, sister and brother in law, hanging from trees, playing Ring Around the Rosy, watching Ratatouille and listening to Bella get scolded for putting popcorn kernels up her nose. Noah's getting so big and is starting to stand on his own. It's been cool watching the major accomplishments of the little ones. Noah standing, Theo walking. Sunday I spent the afternoon with my other sister in law at the movies. We caught Dan in Real Life. I really liked it. Cried, laughed, drank too much soda and had to miss 5 minutes (I hate that). It's not a perfect movie. It's pretty predictable and I'm not the biggest Dane Cooke fan in the world. But it's sweet. And I've been a big fan of Peter Hedges since What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Amy and I chatted afterwards about how we wish the holidays were here already so we could hang out with our families. The older I get, the more important it becomes.

Oh yeah, and I watched a bunch of Big Love. Family .... well, a different kind of family, but family nonetheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my last name is butz and im related to norbert but i never met him before but i would love to.