Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Worker - Day Three

Day Three continues as I sit alone in the worker's "office" watching every ounce of footage that we've shot so far. Greg went out and bought some fancy schmancy HD monitor this morning so we wouldn't be out of focus anymore. I think I might be spoiled by watching the footage like this. It's gorgeous. And not watching it upside down is nice. I'm finding a few hints of softness. Less than I expected, which is good.

So with the exception of Stacy and Brian, I'm working with a whole new crew. Many have very little experience and you'd never guess it. We're a small, fun, silly group. We got crazy lucky with Scott, an intern at AFS. I want to keep him forever and ever. My god, he's awesome. Ryan, one of my teen students helped all day long. He's 14, smart, confident, loves the camera like mad. He boomed, helped light, set up shots. He's not a big talker, but I think he had a good time. He didn't seem to want to leave when his mom showed up.

I'm not sure how screen credits will go. Many folks have taken a hand in shooting, lighting, gripping. It's been a collaboration in every sense of the word. I can't scream loud enough how incredible this cast and crew has been. I know it'll be a few months before it's all put together, but I'm so excited I can't stand it.

Tomorrow, Tai, Scott, Stacy, Alexis and I will get lots and lots of cutaways. Lots and lots of cutaways of clocks.

No comments: