Friday, September 14, 2007

The Perfect Day

Last night after a long day, I came home, put on my PJs and crawled into bed. I laid there while Mark did the dishes in the kitchen. He was listening to the radio and "Summertime Rolls" came on. At first I smiled, remembering. But then I pulled the covers over my face and quietly cried. I couldn't help it. I spent some time today remembering that high school morning that will forever be attached to that song. What was once a memory that I would replay over and over in my head and smile has become one that sends me into a fit of depression.

In Afterlife, you get to choose one memory to take with you into the afterlife. They film it and give you the video reenactment. That was my perfect day. To quote The Perks of Being a Wallflower it was a day of "feeling infinite". What's strange is that I want to film that day. I want to have it so I can watch it and relive it outside of my head. I want to hold it. Maybe it's more than just that day. I don't know.

No comments: