Monday, August 06, 2007

Jeremy Davies


I caught Rescue Dawn last night with Gina and Stacy. I'm really embarrassed to say that it's my first Herzog film ever. I've enjoyed his crazed performance in Julien Donkey Boy, but until last night hadn't seen any of his films. I liked Rescue Dawn. I'm not sure I was head over heels in love with it like Stacy and Gina, but I really did like it. It makes me anxious to catch up on Herzog's filmmography. There was a really poignant moment in the helicopter flying back to base after Dieter's rescue. I can't really get it out of my head. A large soldier holds a frail, withered Dieter in his arms and cradles him with a familial tenderness. The other thing that captured me was Jeremy Davies. I've loved him in everything from Secretary to Saving Private Ryan, from CQ to Spanking the Monkey. But my god. I couldn't take my eyes off of his skeletal frame and those eyes. I was a little bummed when his character wandered into the woods, never to be seen again.

By the way, for those that have been asking about Pork Chop. The little bean is doing really well. He's back on all four paws and happily chowing down on Fancy Feast.

No comments: