Saturday, July 21, 2007

Oh how they make me so proud.

The summer classes are over and the big screening was a huge hit. To see all of their faces and excitement before and then after the screening made my month. I loved it. They made me proud. Both my mom and mother in law came and were beaming from ear to ear. My mom is a loud laugher at the movies and so it was nice to have her giggling at full volume for my students and then whispering loudly in my ear, "that was just precious!". It was sweet.

So mom leaves tomorrow after a wonderful week of visiting. I know she's anxious to get back to my dad and Florida. Next up, I'm trying to convince my brother and my nephews to come see Aunt Kat in Texas.

I finished the first draft of two short films I've confirmed to shoot in October. Both are on the comedic side. I've probably gotten pretty rusty having not shot anything since the summer of 2005. What the hell is that all about. I've been writing up a storm, but I need to be on set again. I need to create something or I'll lose my mind. So I marked my calendar, set up some audition space for September and will move forward at full force.

1 comment:

Bryan P said...

Glad to hear the screening went well. I was happy to chatter for your class last week - they seem like a really good group. Also glad to hear you're gonna be shooting this fall. I've also started setting dates for getting my next project going. That's all it really takes - setting dates.