Monday, July 16, 2007

Austin Film Classes

Admissions are open for my next semester of students. I have 16 slots for my Script to Screen Class and 10 slots for my Teen Filmmaking Class. Below are the descriptions. Stacy and I are teaching the advanced classes next round. Those are almost full. They were by invite only. I'm really looking forward to the fall. New classes, new after school program at the Ann Richards School. New scripts, new shorts, new feature collaboration ... Good stuff.

FALL SCRIPT TO SCREEN WORKSHOP (Starts September 11th)
Tuesdays, 6:30pm – 9:00p
September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, November 6, 20, 27, December 4, 11
FINAL SCREENING – December 15th


FALL TEEN FILMMAKING WORKSHOP (Starts September 8th)
Saturdays, 10am – 12pm
September 8, 15, 22, 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27, November 3, 17, December 1, 8
FINAL SCREENING – December 15th


The Austin Film School
(906 E. 5th Street, Suite 106)
Tuition - $550
For more information: www.storieproductions.com


CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
These hands-on courses will take you through the process of making a short film from script to screen . Learn everything you need to know from screenwriting, shooting, scheduling, marketing, sound, directing, festivals … Each class will be broken into small filmmaking teams. Each team will produce a short film using digital video technology. The classes will feature guest speakers from the Austin Film Community on cameras, lighting and other elements of filmmaking.

KAT CANDLER BIO
Kat Candler's films (cicadas, jumping off bridges, Roberta Wells) have screened at Slamdance, South By Southwest, National Institutes of Health, The Carter Center and on PBS. Her scripts have participated in the IFP Market, been Semi-Finalists in the Sundance Screenwriter's Lab, Finalists in the Chesterfield Fellowship and won first prize at the Rhode Island International Screenplay Competition. Kat is working with her producing partner on a documentary television series, Roadside USA and the narrative, Brain Brawl. She teaches film at the Austin School of Film and several after school programs including the Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders.


What previous Participants have said ...

"I cannot begin to express how much I've enjoyed your class and how much I've gotten out of it. If I told you the truth, you'd probably think I was trying to butter you up to get a better grade, but I don't think we're getting grades, so that will hopefully dispel that idea. Seriously, your enthusiasm for film and for us potential filmmakers is both inspiring and contagious, and I really wish I could come to class every night. Not only that, the amount of knowledge you have and are willing to share is completely awe-inspiring. I am not at all exaggerating, you can ask anyone, I say the same about you behind your back! I don't know why you do it, Kat, but I will always be tremendously grateful. Thank you!"
-Nick Dengler, 2007 Script to Screen Class

"The film class is organized in a manner to help the student create a short film and give you a good understanding of what it takes to make any length of film. Kat is very knowledgable and truly is a professional filmaker which gives the students the insights and tips and tricks to get a film made. Plus you meet great and interesting people!"
-Greg Omelchuck, 2007 Script to Screen Class

"Kat's class was one of the best filmmaking workshops I've taken, and I've taken a lot of 'em! No matter what kind of film you're interested in making, she's supportive. And she gives you all kinds of practical advice, from places to rent equipment to contracts for actors and locations to forms for copyrighting your scripts."
-Mitch Collier, 2007 Teen Filmmaking Class


No comments: