Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

I only work 16 hours a week at my official day job. Not referring to Austin School of Film. I don't consider teaching a day job because when I think day job, I think of work. And teaching to me is not work. It's fun, it's inspiring. But I digress. Back to the day job. As each day passes, the more I hate going. I've hated going since I started 4 years ago. And it's not because of the work. The work is tedious and stupid. It's talking to a travel agent, or processing licenses or putting together expense reports. It's because of a handful of people down the hall from my office. One in particular. I work for a company that produces Artificial Intelligence, so naturally we have some folks there that are, well, geniuses. Literally. And that's fine and that's great, but sometimes they take themselves a little too seriously. They seem to think that everyone else in the world is there to serve them. To do the things that they're way too smart to have to do. I don't have time for their mentality. I don't care. I just don't care anymore. I mean, I never have, but really now, I could give a shit. I hate going. I hate being belittled. I hate knowing that I'm better than that stupid 16 hours a week behind that desk. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

1 comment:

stacy said...

I know the type...one day soon you'll say goodbye to all those "geniuses" they will be coughing as you spin away, leaving them in the dust from your whirlwind