Friday, June 22, 2007

Goodbye Downtown Alamo Drafthouse


I know it's reopening and all that, but that location holds a dear place in my heart. For the following reasons ...

I had numerous screenings of cicadas there. I think Mark saw it for the first time at the downtown Alamo, before we'd ever met.

I saw a million screenings of friend's films Los Trabajadores, Butcher's 15 ...

Countless SXSW and Austin Film Festival screenings.

Seeing Slacker for the first time when I first moved to Austin.

And most importantly our wedding reception took place there over a year ago. Mark and I danced our first dance on stage to a back drop of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

1 comment:

JP said...

Whaaaat? I guess not being in Austin as regularly as I'd like I'm out of the loop. What's the deal with the downtown Alamo?