Thursday, June 14, 2007

Austin School of Film, Projects and Catching Up

We decided to let go of a project we were going to shoot this summer. It was basically a job. A good job, but one that we couldn't make work with the amount of time we'd spend versus the money we'd get. So we let it go. It feels good now that we did. I feel less stressed for sure.

I spent most of the afternoon updating financial stuff. Sadly, I'm a sucker for anything financial. I like numbers. I like plugging them in, adding them, subtracting them, dividing them and watching them grow.

So my summer classes are smack dab in the middle. I have students shooting. I've visited one set already and watched on like a proud parent. My kids are casting all day on Sunday. Things are moving along really nicely. I can't wait to see everyone's stories hit the screen at the end of July.

We have some fun, exciting meetings with the Austin School of Film folks. Meeting with them always leaves me wanting to take on the world.

About to head to a belated birthday dinner with my boy. He turned 32 yesterday and I wasn't able to spend it with him. I had to help Jim teach the kids about cameras and lighting.

No comments: