Monday, May 14, 2007

Duck, Duck, Zombie

I'll preface by saying that I loved 28 Days Later. I'm not an obsessed zombie fan like some that I know. But I am a big fan of apocalyptic movies. Love 'em.

I really liked 28 Weeks Later. It had me from the beginning. Strangely enough, I think I shed a few tears about 2 or 3 times. Not out of fear but because I bonded with these characters. I felt their heart wrenching choices and how those choices would haunt them far more than the images of flesh eating zombies. I did have to cover my eyes for almost an entire scene. The sound clued me in on the gruesome face eating details that I didn't need haunting me in my sleep. But from the sweeping aerial shots, the gorgeous soundtrack, top notch acting and attention to detail from a look to a shadow, I'll be bold in saying it's one of my favorites so far this year.

Earlier in the day I was playing Duck, Duck, Goose with my niece and my in-laws. Just thought I'd throw that in.

1 comment:

karen said...

Me too! I loved it!
Nicole and I went and we both were totally thrilled. I was expecting the sequel to suck.