Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders


Yesterday, Stacy and I took the afternoon shift at the Orientation for the girls accepted into The Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders. Michelle took the morning shift. We had our flyers advertising the After School Film Club, the Summer Camp and the film elective. Watching all of these girls, eyes, beaming with excitement and anticipation was magical. I have super high hopes for this school and the girls that go through it. I can't say that I wish I had something similar growing up because my school was pretty special in and of itself. But I love that Ann Richards' legacy will live on through these girls.

2 comments:

myumblog said...

i could not love that picture any more! how awesome. it was good to talk to you on the phone the other day! love you!xo- Maya

Barbara Kelly said...

Kat, you rock. I'm so glad we have run into each other again in yet another "girls" environment! Congrats on the Chronicle article. Some day I'll say, "I knew her when . . . "