Wednesday, February 21, 2007

PR stands for Personal Record

PR stands for Personal Record. I beat my PR in the half marathon.

I placed 109 out of 539 in my division. I'm competing with a bunch of healthy, fit ladies in their late 20s, early 30s.

My time - 2:00:23
My pace - 9:12

I was hoping to break the 2 hour mark, but such is life. 23 seconds over isn't too shabby. I'm proud. I'm really, really proud. I get a little shy about movie stuff, but when it comes to running, I'll brag to the world. I'll tell the cashier at Zen. I'll tell my mom's second cousin. I'll tell strangers on the road.

I haven't run since Sunday. I'm allowing myself a week long vacation from the pavement. Instead, I'm spending my mornings at Quacks with a crazy, quirky family that find a rather scary spider in their tub. We're having a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our daughter is the most diligent, hardworking kickass little girl who is alllllllllllll grown up. She is a special woman all in her own right. We are very proud parents who have set our princess free. Kat....you go girl. Love, Mama