Monday, January 22, 2007

The Odyssey School

I just left my first day teaching an after school program at the Odyssey School. It's a school for kids with learning disabilities, namely Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). I had three boys, a seventh, eighth and tenth grader. Oh man, were they a handful. One couldn't stop talking, one could barely get anything out and the other just made wild and huge hand gestures the whole time. I can't stop smiling. I was utterly charmed by these little guys. I couldn't get frustrated or mad because they were just so sweet and earnest. I can see that it's going to be tough, but I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy my time with these kids.

Their favorite movies ... Ice Age, Friday the 13th, Airplane! and some 1930s french film I'd never heard of.

No comments: