Tuesday, January 30, 2007

In my blood

I come from a long line of teachers. My Oma (my grandmother), taught English for years and years. My mom taught music for several years when I was a kid. My dad was a Boy Scout leader for the entire time my brother went from Webelo to Eagle Scout. I think it mostly comes from my mom's side though. So many of her cousins and aunts taught or continue to teach. So maybe it's in my blood.

I was crazed with nervousness before I started all of these classes. But now that I'm in the thick of it all, I'm having the time of my life. My kids, both at the Austin School of Film and the Odyssey school are really stepping up. Their ideas are shooting out in every direction. And they're solid, creative ideas. I love it. I have a pretty mixed bunch in the adult class, from slapstick comedies to southern dramas, to piggyback mockumentaries. I'm so excited to see everyone's scripts come to life on the screen.

Other things of note ...
  • I'm close to finalizing the read through for The Spider in the Bathtub.

  • Talking to distributors about JOB. It sucks. I hate it. It makes you realize that DIY distribution has so much more to offer.

  • Brain Brawl is still in play.

  • Been pouring through the Roadside Texas footage. It looks beautiful thanks to Ms. Holly Brunkow.

  • With many thanks to Spencer Zuzolo, Brittany De Vos and Michelle Voss, we're making major headway on a digital media after school program for the Ann Richards School for Young Women

No comments: