Saturday, January 20, 2007

Do they like me?

I had the "first day of school" jitters. I tossed and turned all night. Finally at 5:30am after my cat insisted I get out of bed by scratching the wall for 2 minutes straight, I threw off the covers and got up.

So, I had seven pairs of wide eyes staring at me for two hours. I have seven cool, sweet, excited kids to get to know and help bring their ideas to a screen over the next couple of months. I talked about story, characters, dialog, screenplay format, conflict, character arcs ... I'm not sure how much they took in or how much they'd heard before but they weren't hesitant to ask questions and offer their opinions.

Their favorite movies include: Moulin Rouge, Pan's Labyrinth, anything by Tim Burton and Adam Sandler comedies. Right up my alley.

My poor husband got an earful as we drove to San Antonio after the class "Do you think they like me?" "Do you think they think I'm retarded?" "Do you think I'll be a good teacher?" His answer to all of the above questions ... "yes", "yes" and "yes".

1 comment:

myumblog said...

that is AWSOME!!! you rock kitten...i'm so proud. dang. my friends kick arse.
xo- Maya