Thursday, December 21, 2006

Additions

Ok, so after reviewing Mark's list of movies he watched last year I realized I left one out. AND I watched Little Children yesterday.

The Proposition
It's not just a movie, it's a piece of great art. The words, the colors, the characters. I know it's been said before but, it's poetry on a screen. And I must say, Danny Huston is one of the most underappreciated actors working right now.

Little Children
It's quite a bit to swallow. It's vastly different from what I expected. Again, I'm going to have to go with the performance that left me a little breathless. Jackie Earl Haley has made quite the comeback. I can't seem to get his character out of my head. There's a swimming pool scene in the film that might be one of my favorite scenes of last year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to talk to you about Little Children. I thought it was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. But I agree that JEH was great. The movie should have been more about him.

Bryan P said...

I haven't seen The Proposition, but I must agree that Danny Huston is one impressive actor. He was the best thing about The Constant Gardener.

Warwick said...

I saw The Propostion at Sundance last year. Nick Drake sat about 3 feet from me. It was an exciting time to be alive.