Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2006 Movies I Loved

These didn't necessarily come out in 2006. I just saw them this year.

Dark Water (Original)
This film left me weeping uncontrollably. I haven't been that emotionally struck by a film in a really long time.

Monster House
It made me feel like a kid again. This might be my number one from 2006. I want to make a movie like this.

Nobody Knows
I know that it took me a ridiculously long time to get around to this film. Afterlife is one of my all time favorites, so I had no excuse. I'm simply in awe of Hirokazu Koreeda.

Little Miss Sunshine
I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt. What can I say, I'm in love with this family.

The Illusionist
I completely forgot about the world for two hours. I thought it was rock solid. It's what Hollywood wishes it could be.

Chalk
This film had so much heart on screen. I don't think they could've fit any more up there. It made me super proud to be a part of the Austin film scene.

Half Nelson
Ryan Gosling is a force to be reckoned with and he found his match in Shareeka Epps. Stunning performances.

She's The Man
Amanda Bynes is destined for greatness. My prediction is that she'll end up in the Comedy Hall of Fame if there is such a thing.

No comments: