Monday, October 23, 2006

La Tazza Fresca and KMFA

I've become a frequent patron to La Tazza Fresca and a lover of KMFA. The environment here beats the socks off of Quacks. It's quiet, the KMFA tunes are soothing, the wifi is consistent and the people are always nice.

We had a great meeting with the women who head up the AISD guidance counselors. We're putting together a screening in February for Counselors Week. We'll try and duplicate the screening for San Antonio, Dallas and Houston.

I had a really wonderful chat with Anne Kelley at Motion Media Arts Center. I'm hoping to work there either as a contract teacher or as an employee. I love what they're doing and who they're reaching. When I first moved to Austin in 1997 I took Steve Mim's Austin Film Works class in that very same space. It's amazing how much it's changed. I'm anxious to figure out how it'll all work out. Got to see Jake briefly. It was good to see his sweet face.

I found out today that I'll be employed with Cycorp through November. That gives me enough time to work out future job details. It all happened for a reason. I just know it.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love that you'll be in your element, working with kids and freed up to do the work you love that will be opening up for us in the near future!