Monday, September 18, 2006

When does the day end?

5:45am: Wake up, take a shower and head to Quacks Coffeeshop

6:30am - 8am: I'm the first customer of the day. Typically. I sit down with my hot tea and my laptop and work on returning emails from the weekend.

8am - 1:15pm: Day Job ... Cycorp. I set up travel arrangements for an employee heading to DC in a few weeks, order office supplies, change the printer toner, process ResearchCyc Licenses, collect and distribute the mail, call a hotel and beg for partial reimbursement for a cancelled reservation.

1:15pm - 2:00pm: Deposit a Travel Reimbursement check for a Film Festival. Head to Central Market for my daily granola fix. Check the Storie PO Box.

2:00pm - 5:30pm: Sit in Stacy's kitchen and work. Return emails. Follow up with press releases and press outlets for Austin and Nashville. Talk to the Suicide Task Force Leader for ACA. Chat over email with Savannah's mom about flyering Nashville. Answer an email for a post KC interview for Sun Publications. Talked to the upcoming venues about screening formats.

5:30pm - 6:30pm: Dinner with Stacy at Zen. Stacy buys, cause, well, after going part-time, I'm a little broke these days.

6:30pm - 9:30pm: Storie meeting with Stacy, Tracy and Leslie. We go over the weekends screenings in Kansas City, Albuquerque and Seattle. What worked, what didn't work, what can we do differently. Literally, we used two whiteboards and markers for our "strategic planning" session of the next several screenings. I think Stacy's in love with the whiteboards. I think Tracy took a photo to document the whiteboard obsession. I hope she'll send it to me so I can post it.

9:30pm - 10pm: Pick up hard drives from Justin to finish up the trailer.

Now: Bedtime. Brush my teeth and slide into bed.

It starts all over tomorrow. I wish there was more time. I wish I was more people. I wish we had a huge staff and money. :)

2 comments:

kelly rae said...

kat, i totally hear you. more time. more time!

Stacy said...

I bought cause I was starving and missed JB and the gang and because I still get disounts. ; )
I don't love the whiteboard, but I might like it better if we got some nicer markers...