Friday, August 04, 2006

New Found Freedom

Some good things are wrapped up in pretty awful packages. My hours at work got slashed today. I'm going part-time. Not by choice. It was pretty unexpected, but I probably should've seen it coming. So all house hunting efforts, well, they're being put on hold. Kinda have to assess the finances now. It's funny though. I was staring at my bosses as they told me the bad news, their mouths were moving and I understood what they were saying, but all the while I was just sort of nodding and smiling in my head. Is it a such a terrible thing? Probably not. In fact, I firmly believe that all things happen for a reason. I say that a lot actually, but I really believe it's true.

So with that said, Stacy and I are on the search for office space. We'll be setting up camp somewhere when I'm not at my day job and we'll work like fiends. Not that we don't already, because we do. Tracy and Leslie included, but now, I'll have more time to devote to the cause.

Stacy's heading back to Florida in a few weeks. Let's just say a lot has been going on with Brain Brawl. Good things keep popping up. Nothing worth mentioning just yet, but I feel like soon, very soon, something's gonna give and we'll be well on our way. Shit, I have to believe that. I'm gonna need a decent paycheck soon.

I've also considered maybe trying to pursue teaching a high school film class. After watching those kids the other night, I was inspired.

It's Friday, I'm off to celebrate my new found freedom. I have a date with Stacy and Jim to watch our newly edited cut of JOB. Maybe I'll get crazy and drink a Dr. Pepper or something.

1 comment:

zen imbecile said...

yikes and congrats!