Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Kelly Rae back in the day.

Kelly Roberts is one of those girls that we always called by both her first and last name. Even though her last name is now Seitzinger, I can't help but still call her Kelly Roberts. That's just who she is. I remember the night we made up our theme song "Golden Nugget" in honor of Mike Russos' little gold car that would take us around town in high school. We were sitting across the street from some college kegger smoking cigarettes and getting sick off them. But despite our upset tummies, we laughed and giggled and were as silly as could be, lying in the grass. I love that memory because it's like yesterday. All of those college adventures with Ama, Karen and the boys. That's what happens when you talk to someone you haven't talked to in a good ten years or so. It all comes rushing back in a big tidal wave. Kelly put me in touch with an old friend. Old crush. Hmmm. It's fun to look back on everything. Hell, a lot of it ends up in my movies at one point or another. I'm sort of surprised I haven't written a college film yet. I've thought about it. Just haven't gotten around to it, I suppose.

The whole point of me writing this was that Kelly's selling her artwork online now. So check it out!

1 comment:

kelly rae said...

oh kat, i'm sitting here with a big, wide grin on my face humming the melody of "golden nugget" while i think of you, those memories, how far we've all come. i love it. and i love you. thank your for the shout out...
xoxo
kelly