Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Weird, the quirky, the plotless ...

One of my most anticipated films of the year is Monster House. I watch the trailer and giggle and get excited like I did when I'd see a trailer for the next muppet movie or Indiana Jones adventure.

Mark and I have been walking the 7 mile loop at Town Lake on Saturdays and Sundays. The two hours gives us lots of time to talk and shoot the shit. This weekend we talked about how my writing and my movie ideas are slowly creeping away from the more independent minded films. Hmmm .... yeah, I can see that. I sit and wonder, is this such a bad thing? I always gravitated towards the weird, the quirky, the lengthy, the plotless kind of films that I emulated. I still do. But my ideas ... they're digressing. They're becoming more commercial. Yikes. That god awful word. Shit, I don't care.

1 comment:

Clare Jane said...

Commercial does not necessarily equate with bad, Kitty Kat. It means it has broad appeal and what filmmaker doesn't want his/her movies seen by as many people as possible? Make what you love and if people want to buy it then you are one lucky girl.