Wednesday, July 26, 2006

That sweet ass smile

Tonight's Aaron and Debbie's Going Away get together. They're headed to Los Angeles next week. One last plea, don't go, guys. I know Debbie's starting grad school next month and I'm beside myself with pride over that. And I know, Aaron, that you'll get out there and kick that city wide open with your mad artistic skills. Hell, it's just a matter of time for the studios to discover how crazy talented you are. I remember when I met you back in the summer of 1999. We were shooting cicadas and someone, Debbie Smith maybe, brought you out to the set to help grip. You were this tall, lanky UT kid with bright white golfer shoes and a sweet ass smile. I don't remember how or why we started hanging out after that, probably film related, but we became fast friends. You've been an amazing, friend, collaborator, inspiration, editor, advisor and human being. I sincerely hope that life brings you back to Austin, but deep down in my heart, I know that great things are just around the corner in Los Angeles. Remember all of our crazy adventures from cops in Johnson City, tornados in Wichita Falls, to the last picture show in Archer City. I'm gonna miss you guys something fierce.
Love.
Kat

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Who's gonna host video game and game board night now???

Man, I love those two. I hope LA is nice to them!