Tuesday, July 11, 2006

No Central Austin for me.

I saw a raccoon and a possum on my morning run. I think I was more afraid of them than they were of me. I'll usually head in the opposite direction when I see a stray dog. I almost headed in the the opposite direction both times. I'm a wimp when it comes to animals that can bite huge chunks out of my legs.

Stacy's in Jacksonville right now doing what she does best ... getting shit done. I know I don't say this enough ... Stacy always impresses and inspires me. She may get a little stressed out sometimes, but then again don't we all, but I couldn't have dreamed up a better partner in crime.

On that note, I have to go home and pour through the current Brain Brawl budget and schedule before she gets back on Friday. That's my major homework assignment.

And I have a meeting with a mortgage guy tomorrow. He can make it official by telling me that Central Austin is not happening. Not in a million years. Not in my lifetime. Not even if I get a raise next year or get a second job. Sigh. I'll continue to dream about the cute little houses with square pillars and gables. No one can take that away from me.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Stress has been this year's dragon...so far running, good wine and dark chocolate are my stress relievers, but I'm going to try a yoga class just for grins...
I just configured your parent's wireless network...now
I'm off to the beach to stare at the ocean!

Clare Jane said...

You'll get that little house when Brain Brawl gives you your big break and the Disney Channel decides to buy it or it gets major motion picture distribution bringing fame and fortune to the those who helped make the "sleeper hit of the summer". Hello? Napoleon Dynamite anyone? Who knew?

karen said...

You could be just as happy in another neighborhood, you just have to make it home as Hyde Park has become home over the last several years.