Monday, June 12, 2006

Support your local filmmakers

I felt like someone punched me repeatedly in the head on Friday. My entire right side of my skull and face ached like mad. I left work early, slept and watched movies all day long. That continued through much of the weekend. I'm doing research on live action kid's films. Over the weekend I watched: High School Musical, The Bad News Bears (2005), Holes, Kicking and Screaming and The Sandlot. The Sandlot was by far my favorite. What a little gem. I also took Mark and Amy to see The Puffy Chair. The first time I saw it was at SXSW last year. It held up the second time around. It's laugh out loud funny. And it was so nice seeing Rhett up on screen. That boy.

Support Austin filmmakers this week.
Dear Pillow Benefit Screening at the Alamo Downtown
Fall to Grace opens at the Dobie Theater

3 comments:

katie said...

high school musical is my favorite movie! i have it on dvd and i've watched it at least 15 times in the past 2 weeks. i'm obsessed with it..i know like every line and song in the film..it's kinda crazy. i'm soooooo glad you saw it!!

Annie in Austin said...

Hello Kat,
My husband & I were in the audience at St Edward's and totally loved both Jumping Off Bridges and the discussion afterward. It was very cool to hear you and Stacy talk about how this movie was made.

We'd already seen The Puffy Chair, so were looking out for Rhett Wilkins to appear. He has such a great face.

What a surprise to enter the lobby during the intermission, and see many of the cast members in attendance! It was quite a star-studded evening.

Kat Candler said...

annie, thanks for the sweet comments.