Monday, June 26, 2006

The Apple Dumpling Gang

Mark ordered The Apple Dumpling Gang for me from Netflix. I was a little hesitant from the first five minutes. I've never been a huge Don Knots fan and the lighting was, well, kind of distracting. Everything was super bright, overly lit and stagey. But then, the little kids, Bill Bixby, Tim Conway and even Don Knots had me laughing out loud and grinning from ear to ear. I was so completely charmed. It was just good, clean, solid humor. Kind of like how I felt about The Cosby Show growing up. I wish we could roll back time and Tim Conway was in his twenties or thirties again so he could make us laugh for decades to come. That man is pure comic genius. He doesn't even have to say a word and I'm rolling on the floor. I wish people would put him in more movies.

1 comment:

Annie in Austin said...

While in high school, I was overly fond of Tim Conway as Ensign Parker of McHale's Navy, when the show was new, and he was cute, klutzy and young. And he's still funny.

Kat, I have put a post about Jumping Off Bridges on my garden blog - it's not exactly a high traffic site, but it's the best I can do. Good luck with the Seattle showing!

Annie in Austin