Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blackbirds, paperclips and rubberbands.

I had an awful dream last night. I dreamt that we were at the wedding rehearsal. It was a huge theater, like the Paramount. All of these people were milling about, fancy and dressed up. Hundreds of people. I didn't recognize any of them, but then realized they were wedding guests. A friend announced they'd all gotten the date mixed up. And so they all wandered around aimlessly while I tried to gather my maid of honor, officiant and family together to rehearse. As soon as I'd gather a few people, the other people would wander away. I couldn't get them all in one place. I couldn't keep it organized.

And so this reminds me of the recurring dream I had as a child. This is really lame. I'd try to put a rubberband around something (anything) and it would keep breaking or it wouldn't fit. I would attempt over and over again in my dream, but could never get it. Kind of like the other dream I had where I was trying to paperclip something and it kept flipping off. Every single time.

And then this morning on my run, a bunch of blackbirds kept diving at my head.

3 comments:

Clare Jane said...

I think I had an actor's nightmare right before our wedding: I was at the theatre and suddenly everyone was rushing around asking me questions about the wedding and why wasn't I dressed, etc. I felt sick because I hadn't realized it was my wedding day and I was so unprepared. Crazy stuff. We are all descending on you starting today though so don't have any worries about anything - your support team is on the way!!

Meredith said...

I had five or six dreams like that prior to the wedding. Most of them involved the wedding starting when I wasn't even dressed yet. Or about not having the right shoes or dress. In one, the only shoes I had were salmon colored flats covered with giant seashells.

ryan said...

Meredith, I wish to God you had been wearing salmon-colored flats covered with seashells. that's amazing.