Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Drugs and Anxiety

I'm taking this medication, Zyrtec. It's supposed to help subside my allergic reaction to whatever it is that I'm allergic to. I have an appointment with an allergist in two weeks to find out what that something is. Anyhow, the medication sends my heart racing and makes me extremely anxious and nervous and excited and crazed. This afternoon my hands were shaking and I was about to crawl out of my skin with anxiety. I drove to the doctor very, very, very carefully for fear of getting in a wreck. The nurse said my blood pressure was high, probably as a result of the drug. It's happening again, but I don't think it's the Zyrtec. It's the waiting to hear from Slamdance. Two years ago, they called to tell me I got in. Last year Sarah called to tell me I didn't get in. Even though it was a rejection call, she let me know how much she liked the short and ultimately that it was too long. I've been desperate to find out something about JUMPING. Anything. I just want to know one way or another so I can move on with my world. Agh! It's 3:40pm in Los Angeles right now. Oh man. This is really unbearable. I wish I'd forgotten about it. I wish I could let something else distract me.

2 comments:

i'm no phenomenon said...

in high school, my friend's hives was a direct result from anxiety and nerves. maybe it is not an allergy...

Anonymous said...

Zyrtec, man it makes me goofy. I hope you are feeling better. Maybe the turkey helped aliviate the allergies. Best

Sean Bridwell