Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Slowly but surely

Nevie and I added three scenes back last night. It feels better. Jimmy is more established. The mom has a little more screen time. We shoot a new scene with Bryan early Sunday morning and should have that back by the end of next week. It's feeling really good. Really smooth and even. I can't wait for Justin to get his hands on the sound. I'll dance a jig around the room when I watch it with clean sound. I love this process. I love the feeling of it all coming together. Each time I watch it, I find less and less to make notes about. My list gets shorter and my smile gets wider. I kid myself when I think that once picture's locked, I'll have more time on my hands. There's still so much to do. I'll work with Justin on sound design and giving it that silent awkwardness that I embrace so much. I'll coach the colorist on how to even out the lighting and make those night shots darker and richer. The pieces will fall into place slowly but surely.

No comments: