Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Idle Threats

Nevie and I spent last night escaping. Getting away from everything and everyone. We said goodbye to the Avid and hello to cheesy magazines, vanilla milkshakes, trash talkin', Astros on the TV and talk of toilet papering houses. I sure am good with the threats, but when Stacy took me up on the toilet papering threat this morning and wanted to join in with her teenaged daughter, Annalise, I turned to jelly. See, I can trash talk until the cows come home, but when it comes to following through on something like that, I'm a freakin' scardy cat. I've never TPed a house before in my life. I've had thoughts of it. Lots of 'em. And I've made tons of idle threats, but I'm the first to back out of any wild and crazy fun like that. That's probably why I was never grounded as a kid.

Nevie and I will get back to some serious editing tonight. We have a November 9th deadline to try and make. That's the plan. Stacy's keeping us on schedule and in line. She's good like that. Post production meeting tonight to get everything in check. Lots and lots to do still.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

It's really fun to tp a house...really fun to toss the rolls in the air and let them come down through the trees...i admit it's bad for the environment, but not as bad as other pranks...
and yes, I was grounded A LOT as a kid.

Clare said...

The only time I ever TPd a house I got caught and I remember being terrified at the time because I think they threatened to have us arrested. Now I scoff at them, of course, but that's with a good 15 years or so of distance between me and them.

katie said...

i can't beleive you've never tped a house before! my friends and i are the tp masters- we got 6 houses one night. once me n my friends shaving creamed this guys driveway (along with tping his house) and it stained... he had a really nice house too. we didn't do that again... and when i tped this other guy's house his mom came out of the house and screamed at us, we ran so that we didn't have to see her face to face.
oh goodness you have to go tping.

Stacy said...

katie's right...you GOT to.