Thursday, September 08, 2005

"That's what I'm talking about!"

I went straight from work to Nevie's house to edit. I love that girl so much. We met six years ago at a party that Elise McMullen threw. It was a party where everyone had to bring something they made (a film, a piece of music, a story). I remember Nevie and Buckner walking in. Nevie was wearing her signature color, orange. At that very moment, I knew I wanted to be her friend. She had a warm, openness about her. And funny and goofy, like nobody's business. I've since worked with Nevie on countless projects. She's become one of all time my best friends. We've been through absolute highs and the lowest of lows. She's a test of will and strength. And she has so much of it. Strength might be her middle name. Or second to Michelle. I have a lot of love for that girl.

I love it when a scene falls beautifully in to place. Like when Zak and Grove are "breaking up" by the bridge. The performances just pop. I smack Nevie's desk with my hand and yell, "yeah, yeah, yeah!". Or for some stupid reason, I've picked up the phrase, "That's what I'm talking about!"

No comments: